After the events of the day on Thursday (yesterday) of the vomits in the bank and the garage door mishap, I really could not expect things to get any worse. Well friends, it did. My dad calls before we left heading toward my hometown of Byrdstown...we were going there for his retirement luncheon on Friday....anyway, he calls and my mom was put in the hospital for chest pains. WHAT? What a way to start the drive home. Speaking of driving...I drove the entire way and all 3 of my passengers slept during the trip of 5 hours. Since the day had fallen apart already, I really expected to get a speeding ticket or something on the way to Byrdstown....I mean, wouldn't that have been the icing on my favorite yellow cake?
We finally make it to Pa and Na's house, with Na spending the night in the hospital. Thankfully it was so late that there were not alot of questioning as to where Na was. Dad and I got up early to go pick Na (my mom) up at the hospital and I dropped her off at Dr. Mason's office at 8:15am. She was have a stress test done. Well that did not turn out so well. My dad's luncheon was to be at 11:30....my mom was taken by ambulance to the Cookeville hospital to have a heart cath done....yes, folks...this all happened within a matter of 24 hours. We went to the retirement party which was very emotional by the way....we are proud of my parents for their retirement! Anyway, mom's heart cath came back negative of any blockages....what a praise!
We did take the kids to visit her in the hospital and they did really well with that. She wasn't hooked up to any machines except an IV which they could not see very well so they were pretty calm with it all. Anna had stuffed some peanuts (in the shell) in her coat pocket from our lunch at Logan's Roadhouse and made sure to give one to her Na before we left. That child can chow down on some peanuts now.
So now friends, as this day is about to close and we will dawn on a new morning, I am thankful for my family....my husband especially, my Samuel and Anna, my sister and her family, my brother....and my mom and dad. I have learned yet another lesson over the past 24 hours....garage doors are nothing....family is important and Jesus is everything. Love your family and love HIM even more.....
1 comment:
I am glad everything was ok and I am glad you're back on the blawg!!!!
Post a Comment