Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Little Praise In the Heart...


My heart has been doing praise dances down deep today! Back in November 2008, Anna had a urinary tract infection. When the dr talked to me about it, she explained that if she had another one, then they would need to set her up to have a VCUG done. I did not give it another thought....did not even ask what a VCUG was. She was given antibiotics and she got better. WELL....wouldn't you know it, the week before we went on vacation she started acting weird when she needed to use the potty. For 2 days I asked her if she hurt when she went to the potty and she told me no. Then I explained to her that if it did we would go to the dr and get some medicine to make it all better....her first question "Is I'm gonna get a shot?"

As the dr begin to talk to me about once again, the memory of them telling that she would have to be tested was starting to come back.....a little panic set in. Amy explained to me what the test would be like and what kind of things they would be looking for. Another dr that is in our Sunday school class at church explained the procedure as well. Anna would be given an ultrasound of her kidneys and bladder, no problem. Then she would have to have a catheter inserted, dye injected into the catheter, then the radiologist would watch the dye fill her bladder, and then watch it drain out. I was told that they wanted to see if her bladder refluxed the urine back into the kidneys to cause the infection. I was also told that they would be looking for blockages.....okay. I knew we were going on vacation and I would be off in "la la land" and would forget about it altogether for a few days.

Well, she had the test done today. Yesterday (Tues) my heart begin to have a slight panic. My thoughts of "blockage" were not good thoughts. Reflux I knew would be fixed with medication....but blockage? What kind of blockage? I was anxious and scared....trying my best not to be scared. When I have doubt, the first person I run to is Jesus...and I did that yesterday...and all into the night, praying and praying for this to be okay. During my quiet time this morning, I could hear "Do you trust Me?".....I knew that I could trust Jesus in ALL things....even with my little girl.....

Wouldn't you know.....she did excellent! Sweet girl cried as they inserted the catheter but laid so very still....even made the nurses cry because she was being so good. They told us normally they have to wrestle and fight kids to hold them down. JT and I stood right over her head as they did the test while Na stood close praying silently. I was so glad when I looked at the screen and saw such a clear picture of her little kidneys and her little bladder. The radiologist begin to tell us how clear everything looked. Then Anna began to cry again because her bladder was getting so full....sweet baby. The dr told her to go ahead and he watched on the screen while she drained her bladder.....completely....no blockage, no reflux, nothing! PRAISE GOD! My heart wanted to explode with JOY! She was all finished and she was showered with suckers!

Pa and Na drove all the way here for her procedure and we were all so thankful that they came. We made a trip to Target and bought a couple of toys for Samuel and Anna...and then had lunch and ice cream.

Thank you so much for those of you who knew about this and prayed for our little sweet Anna. There are some things about parenting that are not easy and watching your child cry with pain is an unsettling thing....but I am thankful that all our children are surrounded by Angels who see the face of the Father....they are forever protected and guarded.....and because I was comforted by the Father....JT and I were able to in turn comfort Anna.....yes, we live it.....The Taylor dream....

4 comments:

House Queen said...

So glad everything turned out clear! Prayers do work! We found out today that Dana does not have to have surgery as of now. It is healing on its own! So thankful! Love to you all!!!

The Bynum's said...

Praise the Lord for good news and for Anna doing so well during the procedure. Glad that you did well too, all because of your full trust in Christ.

parker's granny said...

I'm glad everything is okay with Anna and I'm sorry you ALL had to go through that procedure.
I really like her hat!

Joyce said...

so glad Anna's test turned out good .I know how worried a parent and grandparent can be.Just thank god every thing was good.