Saturday, July 4, 2009

While the kids were away....

It was hard on me and JT when the kids were away at Pa and Na's. They have never been away from us for longer than one night...and those times are of course with Pa and Na....but it was a great break for us and for them. JT and I were able to get so much done around here....I did tons of cleaning inside and JT worked alot outside doing this and that. I went to Hobby Lobby, which the kids enjoy going to, but I was able to take my time and not rush down the aisles...it was nice. I even went to lunch with 2 friends and actually ate the food I ordered....someone is always picking off my plate. But the best thing we did was decorate the kids rooms...with the help of my sister. Amy is an artist....she can paint and draw anything. SO.....she free painted this mural on Anna's wall....starting with this huge tree......

Then she painted flowers that match Anna's bedding....and butterflies....

She gave so much detail to so many areas....even the grass is beautiful! And then she added small creatures to some of the blades of grass.....

Then Samuel's room....he is so in to sharks. We found some shark sheets to put on his bed back in December and I have been searching for several months to find some shark something to paint on the walls....and found nothing. SO....I asked Amy the artist if she could draw a couple of sharks on his wall and then I would paint them. I did not want her to feel like she had to spend so much time at our house while Molly was away too...so she drew and I painted...scary for me! She also drew coral reef and bubbles as well...these are friendly sharks...

And shark #2....isn't this awesome!??

I am so thankful for my sister and her skills to paint and draw. The kids LOVE their new rooms and talk about them alot. THANK YOU AUNT AMY....you are now a part of the Taylor Dream......



3 comments:

House Queen said...

Once again...simply awesome!!!

parker's granny said...

Wow...for the kid that was like that TV show where you go away to Disney World for a week and come back to a new house!
Amy is Awesome at everything she does!

Joyce said...

Bet the kids love the rooms.Wish I had a sister who could do things like that or just a good friend who could do it. Yes Thank your sister for being so kind.But you know she loved doing it.