I noticed one of Samuel's bottom teeth starting to get loose back in June...really, June. I also noticed that the big tooth was starting to grow in behind in pretty soon after discovering it was loose. After 3 months of nursing this tooth....it finally came out! Well actually JT pulled it! Samuel let him....really, this tooth was turned sideways....which grosses me out completely. This was on a Thursday night. Then the very next day, he kept wiggling the other tooth...and asked his daddy to pull it as well. He was so brave.....but JT gave it a quick yank, and out it came!
Notice in this picture he has his eyes closed....he absolutely cannot stand for light to be in his eyes. I have to either cover his eyes when he goes to the dentist or he wears sunglasses....
Yep....and the aging process continues....slowly I am working myself out of a "mothering" job (per Jean Stockdale)....my heart cannot stand to think that I can't mother these children for the rest of their lives....but that is the way God planned it. Once we release them into the adult world, our job as moms change. Then as they "leave and cleave" to their spouses, our mothering job ends. It is hard to imagine that...but those days are coming quicker than my mind can comprehend....but until then.....we will stay in the dream.....
No comments:
Post a Comment