Sunday, November 1, 2009

Their Words....


These 2 crack me up! JT and I love to sit and listen to them carry on conversations or try to repeat words that they have heard. Don't get me wrong, there are many times that I just want to tape my ears shut so I can have a silent moment, but most of the time, I am all ears listening for more things to giggle at. Listen at these latest funnies....

Anna loves to put on lipstick....and will put on chapstick as well if it has a good taste. She had some Hello Kitty chapstick that she let me put on....and then she followed her daddy around the house asking him if he wanted to put some on. He stopped and asked her what she was asking him....."Daddy, do you want to put on some of my captrack?" She was meaning "chapstick!"

Samuel and Anna both love church (we are so thankful!). They go to children's worship first and then on to their classes. They are always so excited to tell us the story that they learned and all the neat crafts that have done....and any special snacks they have gotten to eat. Today, they got to have popcorn. Samuel motioning with his hand like he is pouring something out asked "Guess how many pours of popcorn I got to have?!" Pours of popcorn?! We wanted to bust up laughing! He was meaning to say cups of popcorn but continued to say pours of popcorn while he was motioning with his hand that he was pouring.....too funny!

I got Samuel, Anna, and Molly tons of glowsticks for our trick or treating adventure (pics and story to come). On the way home from Molly's house, Samuel and Anna both had a handful of glowsticks. Anna says "Momma, Samuel has mucher than me!" Oh that girl....she also was trying to repeat something Molly must say "We have a situation on our hands here".....so today Anna looked at me and said "Momma, we have a sisterlation on our hands!" LOVE IT!!!!!

Oh sweet Samuel...he has such a tender little heart. As I was putting him in bed tonight, we were discussing the Bible story from church today. He was telling me all about Moses and the Israelites....he explained again that God sent them a cloud by day and pillar of fire by night. We talked about why God did that, etc, etc, etc. I shared with Samuel about how God speaks to us....I told him that is why I like to go to the closet to have my time alone with God so that I can hear Him speak to me.....I explained that in order to hear God speak, we have to be very quiet. Then Samuel stopped me and said "Sshh Momma....be quiet....I want to listen and see if I can hear God." We wait for a few seconds and then he says "I thought I heard Him, but Anna will not quit playing that guitar!" A moment I thought was going to turn into a sweet little moment turned into us laughing and giggling....

Oh my.....if I could bottle them up! They are so much fun! Listen to your kids....if they don't make you laugh, they will teach you some practical lessons.....

2 comments:

House Queen said...

I laugh daily...no wait...hourly...no wait...every few minutes around here!

The Bynum's said...

You are oh so right. Now that Brayden is talking nonstop and repeating EVERYTHING we say I realize more and more the importance of words and what we say. He is so funny too, never know what will come out of his precious mouth and how I want to guard his ears from anything that he should not hear and repeat. What sweet kids you have!