Really....there are some days that I just giggle all day...hey, I figure I would rather be laughing than crying...and I do my fair share of crying. It is bad when I hear Samuel say "Momma's crying again!" Oh well...tender heart...what can I say? Well here's the latest and greatest of things said and conversations heard....
I sing in the choir at church...with about 220 other members....yes, our choir is huge. We do a Christmas concert called "Majesty" every year. Amy and I love to sing in this...we get to wear our fancy "shiny shirts" as the kids call them...black, to the floor, dresses and shiny jackets...beautiful. Anyway, I have been practicing at home with the music...hitting some pretty high notes that would rattle the windows. Samuel and Anna love to dance around or sit and sing with me....so Samuel says "Momma, if you want to sing like a boy you need to sound like a donkey!" Good grief....do I sound like a donkey??
Yesterday I was busy all day cleaning. Samuel really wanted me to light some candles to make the house smell good. So I started lighting when an idea came to me. I got 2 candles lit in the 1/2 bath where there are no windows so it is really dark and I asked the kids to come in there. I closed the door so that the only light was the candles. I begin to tell them about when Jesus was born and how the stable was dim and the light was "low", and on and on....I was getting ready to share about Jesus being the "Light" of the world when Samuel says "Oh my Momma, this is just like Scooby Doo and the Monster of Mexico!" Really....Scooby Doo won that one...I could not stop laughing....game over....
Today I was singing "Holy Night" when Anna says "Momma, can you stop singing that, you are making me cry."
I could not have enjoyed today anymore. We spent the entire day outside in our yard. Of course, we worked the entire day but I would not trade those hours of work for anything....not a day out shopping, or a girls night out, nothing could be traded. We raked leaves....35 bags and we probably still have about 15 left to go! Anyway, wanted to share that Anna used a "brake" to "brake" the leaves today! That child is so funny! Then we hooked up our Christmas lights outside....and as she was helping her daddy she told him that she wanted to "club" (plug) some of the lights in! They are so much fun!
I know that our children can be so tiring....boy sometimes I wish that I could have some quiet and not have to get up and do this and that....you know if you have children that there is never a dull moment...we are always going to get someone something to drink, getting a snack, helping one go to the potty, giving baths and showers, helping change clothes, cleaning up spills and messes, playing countless games and puzzles...the list goes on and on....but as I look at my children....I am really in awe at how fast they grow up. I know I mention this alot in my posts but the truth is hard to swallow sometimes and is often avoided. It won't be long till I will no longer be needed to help them in the potty or in the shower, those messes will be different messes, they will learn to get their own snacks.....I will always be their mother but my mothering job will be over before I know it. I want to play as many games and puzzles as I possibly can....I want to watch them play so hard that they fall out asleep dirty in my bed....I want to always be able to read them stories at bedtime...but this too shall end....and until that time comes for my "mothering" hat to be put away....we will play, we will go to bed late, we will eat popsicles for lunch, we will go places in our pj's and our dress up outfits, we will wear cowgirl boots with shorts, and we will clean house in our bathing suits.....cause I don't want to miss what is in store for us on this journey....with Jesus as our guide and His Word to encourage...we will live out the Taylor Dream.....
No comments:
Post a Comment