-I call the kids little cute names all the time. One day we were getting ready to school and I said "Come on Toot and Fruit!" Anna very quickly says "I'm Fruit"....then glances to Samuel and says "I guess that makes you Toot." She is quick wit folks....
-Aunt Amy got the kids their very first Webkinz in their Easter basket. Molly explained how they get to play with them on the computer, etc. I had heard all about these but we had not gotten any. The kids obviously did not "hear" the correct way to say "Webkinz" because they continued for days to call them "Wetskins." Geez....I did not want to tell them the correct name because it gave me the best laugh everytime they said it...but I finally told them how to say it correctly....they both looked at me and said "Well, it's okay to say words wrong sometimes." I guess it is!
-I do not enjoy going to Walmart. I love a good deal and cheaper prices...but the Walmart close to us is a pain because there are never enough lanes open and you end up standing in line longer than you are in the store. So I try to avoid Walmart. However, just a couple of days ago, there was something I had to get in there. We walk in and start down the aisle....Samuel says "Momma, this place has rollbacks...and did you know that Easter costs less at Walmart." He reminded me that Christmas costs less there as well. Too many commercials drag him in.
-I am learning more and more that our kids repeat things we say, exactly as we say it....and they act like us. Whether you want to admit it or not, your children pick up your character traits. Anyway, we had been outside playing, going from this to that, then we had to go somewhere to pick something up, then back home to the backyard, just going here there and everywhere....to a 6 and 4 year old, I am sure it seemed like we had been going all day. It was not even lunchtime....Samuel comes in, sits down, and says "I am about to fall....out"....totally sounded just like me....SCARY!
No comments:
Post a Comment