Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas 2013.....FUN!

Christmas Eve.....is my favorite day of the entire year!  We have quite a good tradition and routine going on in our little family.  My parents (Pa and Na) come to West Tennessee each year, along with Pat as well.....I call them "The Traveling Elves!"  On Christmas Eve, we gather at our home (or apartment this year) and I make soups, some favorite desserts, and other favorite goodies.  JT always has to work on this day for a few hours and this time he worked until 3pm. 

The kids can barely contain themselves until we let them open presents.  Here they open up presents from Pa and Na and Uncle Pat and they give their presents to Pa and Na and Uncle Pat.  


This is the kind of stuff that happens BEFORE they open up presents.  Samuel photo bombed just about every single photo I took.  (Oh I got a new camera!)

 These two beautiful girls adore each other.....so thankful they have each other!

 For the past couple of years Pa and Na have gotten the kids the same present.....the 3DS, the Kindle Fire....it has worked out beautifully every year and the kids have loved it.  This year, they were given a box with puzzle pieces in it and they had to work together to figure out the puzzle.  Pa and Na are taking them to see ICE in Nashville at the Opryland Hotel!  They are beyond excited....because they are going TOMORROW (December 26th) and they are spending the night!  They absolutely love going places together.  

 The big kids got my parents a new laptop computer.  They have an older desktop and it is in need of updating.  We heard them talking about possibly getting one after Christmas.....well we got it!  The kids are helping them get it open.

After we open gifts, then we all go to the church for our annual Christmas Eve service.  It is a short service but it is one of my favorite things we do as a family.  The story is told and we sing songs and end with Silent Night.....with everyone holding up their own light at the end.  It is very beautiful and moving and a good reminder that JESUS is the reason we can celebrate....well the reason we can celebrate every single day of living!

Then we head over the St. Clair's for our pizza, PJ, and Happy Birthday Jesus party!  We eat again and then the kids open their presents from each other.  Yet another exciting time!

And we cannot forget John.....oh I do love my brother-in-law.....so much.  This year, I got him a Cousin Eddie picture, all nice and framed up.  I know that he is excited to get that picture on his desk in his office......it will be a nice addition I just know.
After presents we go right into making Gingerbread houses.  This is a tradition that we have been doing for about 10 years.  The kids love doing it and seem to be getting really good at it!

We end the night with singing the Happy Birthday Jesus song and eating ice cream cake that Amy gets at Baskin Robbins. 


Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas!  Special thanks to Molly who has been on me about updating this blog.  Now that I have a new camera and these kids are not getting any younger, I am going to be on it! 2014 is the year to start again!  Look for Molly to be a guest blogger as she has some incredible talent with making movies and trailers.  I will feature her many times this year!  Love you Molly Bears!  


 

No comments: