Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Watching and Listening....

They are always listening and watching....well maybe not always listening when you WANT them to listen...but those young ears are hearing your words...and they are seeing your actions. I can see so many in my children that I do....or the way they "say" something sounds just like me....at times I am scared....but at times I give God the glory that they are picking up Him in my life.

Just a funny for you....Samuel and Anna LOVE to color and draw their own pictures. For the most part they are still in to drawing a circle for the head of the body, arms and legs coming straight out from the head, eyes, mouth, and sometimes ears, all the time hair on there somewhere. I normally have some sort of shade of lipstick on as well. They like to draw pictures of all of us holding hands....we are big hand holders in our family...we want to always be that way! So a few days ago, I was doing some work on the computer and the kids were coloring and drawing right at my feet, seriously. They would jump up and show me their pictures....Samuel has started drawing trees, grass, and the sky. Anna jumped up to show a picture she had drawn of me....I asked her "Are you sure that is me?" She begin to explain that she had put lipstick on my lips (pink, blue, and red), and she even had a green purse hanging on my hand. I told her that my hair looked very wild....to which she said "well momma, that is you when you wig out!" OH MY....when I wig out! She knows what I look like when I wig out! They are ALWAYS watching.....

The thing with holding hands....our first Sunday school teacher when we moved to Memphis was Tracy and Jerri Schmidt. We learned so much from them. They shared such moving things with us each Sunday. One morning, Tracy told about one of his boys (they had 3 boys and 1 girl) at age 15, held hands with him on the way out from church....he said his son grabbed his hand and they walked hand in hand all the way out to the vehicle....that is the picture I want to have in my mind of how we will be with our children. What a perfect picture to envision as we meet hand in hand in our Jesus....

They are watching....they are listening....to everything....live it right before their eyes and before their ears.....we are striving for it...the Taylor Dream....

No comments: