Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Eve...and a Special visitor!

"O Come Let Us Adore Him, O come let us adore Him, O come let us adore Him, Christ the Lord!"

I sure love Christmas...love everything about it. Sometimes it is hard for the children to understand that it is not all about gifts. At our house, we try to stay to 3 gifts for each child....which resembles the 3 gifts the wisemen brought. Sometimes we do go over that....but that is okay I guess.

On Christmas Eve we did our normal PJ party at the St. Clair's house. We all went to the Christmas Eve service at the church and then to Aunt Amy and Uncle John's house for our party. We had a Happy Birthday Jesus cake for us to enjoy and the kids sang to Jesus!



And the cake was yummy! It was an ice cream cake from Ben and Jerry's....whoa!



Then on to the gingerbread trains. Amy normally gets the houses but she found these cute trains this year and Samuel was thrilled about that. I enjoyed eating the candy that they put on the trains.

Molly's train turned out beautifully...she is really particular about how her things look these days...they must be near perfect...


Anna was like her Momma and was really interested in eating the candy....



And for the visitor....well as Amy and I had the children entertained with their trains, my mom and dad were in the garage preparing the visitor and getting his red suit on. John was roaming the house, turning off lights, turning on outside lights, etc....when all of sudden he says "Amy, you have got to come here...you are never going to believe what I just saw!" Of course, the kids get extremely quiet and listen for what he is about to say next. "Amy, I think I just saw Santa Claus! Come in here!" The kids go tearing into the foyer and look out the windows....sure enough, Santa Claus comes walking into the circle driveway, carrying his bag on his back!! Anna gets scared and nearly knocks me down, Samuel is screaming, and Molly is literally grabbing her heart...needless to say it was quite the comical moment. We watch Santa walk the driveway, acting as though he is counting houses and checking his list. Then off he goes into the darkness. The kids were totally pumped! What a fun time....and a great memory....



1 comment:

House Queen said...

I would have liked to see the looks on their faces! What a great story!