Friday, December 12, 2008

Oh Sweet Samuel....



We have known for a while now that Samuel is so tender hearted. He gets emotional about things and for a young child, he thinks deeply about alot of things. I have said that I think he started this "deep thinking" while Stephanie was sick. He saw her at her sickest times...and asked me some very difficult questions.

The week before Samuel's 5th birthday party, he and I were about to pull into the Target parking lot after dropping Anna off at gymnastics. I was pumping Samuel up and telling him that I just didn't know what I was going to do with a big 5 year old boy, on and on.....I looked back at him in his carseat and he was about to cry....lips quivering, voice cracking. Of course I asked him what was wrong....here's his reply:

"Momma, do you want me to tell you why I am not ready to grow up? Because I love you and Daddy so very much and I do not want to ever leave you....."

To which I thought my heart would absolutely melt inside my chest....I immediately pulled into a parking spot, trying not to cry and told Samuel that he would be with Momma and Daddy for a long time and that we would never leave him.

Our kids, including yours, are always listening, even when we think that they are not....and when they speak, we should listen more often....Momma and Daddy love you Samuel Taylor....and you will always be with us....

1 comment:

House Queen said...

Keyton is very tender hearted like this as well. I think it has a lot to do with him staying with my daddy for so long and watching and helping him through all of his sickness. I also have moments like that (very often) where I tear up over something they say!