Saturday, December 13, 2008

Samuel's 5th Birthday Party




Yes, our Samuel had his 5th birthday party and he picked the shark theme. Samuel has really been into the shark thing for a little over year now. I had trouble locating Shark party stuff but we managed. His Aunt Amy made the shark cake which was beautiful and I hated seeing it being eaten.

We started the party off with games....yes, we had games! Amy helped me come up with some ideas for some party games. We did a shark scooping game with Kroger's Shark fruit snacks. Then Amy and I took a cardboard box and made it into a shark....painted it and everything. We took the end of the box and made it into the shark's mouth...then the kids had to toss the balls into the mouth....what a game!

Then we went out to the backyard to take some whacks on the ole shark pinata....can you believe I found a shark pinata!? After MANY hits on the this thing and not one single break, JT had to step in and take care of business....with G.P. holding the shark in place, JT broke into the stash of candy!!!!!

Then inside to eat lunch...hotdogs, turkey sandwiches, chips and lots of dips....then to eat the cake and ice cream! We really did not want to open the presents until after everyone left but we did anyway...and Samuel got some great new toys to play with.





No comments: