Monday, June 22, 2009

Camp Outrageous 2009

For the past 2 years our church has pulled off the most amazing VBS times I have ever experienced. It is now called "Camp Outrageous...a different kind of VBS." Last year's performance was incredible and the music was so much fun. Samuel and Anna still listen to the CD from last year....if that tells you anything. This year was no different. The "rally" was a rally for Jesus and once again the music was awesome, the energy among the kids and teachers was incredible, and the kids had a fabulous time. This year, Samuel got to participate in a real class. He didn't get to last year because his birthday is late. He and Anna both go because I teach but they were in childcare classes. This still did crafts, had stories and did all kinds of fun things, but this was Samuel's first year to get to participate in the rally....he was so pumped after each day.....

I taught in the same room again this year with my same crew that I am always with....Lisa, Nancy, and Cathy...we really have a great time together. This year, Molly was in my class and at my table. I really enjoyed getting to have her stuck to my side for the week....I enjoyed getting to hold hands with her, giggle with her, and watch her dance and sing in the rally....we had a big time together. She memorized her bible verses before the first minutes of each day...imagine that....

Below is Molly at the rally...Ms. Joanna brought her up to the front so she could sing and dance down front....yes, we dance for Jesus!

Below is Anna with her one of favorite teachers Ms. Debbie. Samuel and Anna have both had Ms. Debbie and they LOVE her. Samuel calls her "Ms. Devvie"....he is so funny. I requested for Anna to be in this classroom....

And then another favorite teacher for Anna....Ms. Nancy..we love her!

Here is Samuel in the rally with Mr. Harb....Mr. Harb is one of Samuel's Sunday morning teachers as well...

And then Samuel's teacher Ms. Amy...Ms. Amy is Samuel's Sunday morning teacher too....I am so thankful that I was able to get him into her room...he really enjoys Ms. Amy....


Here's a video of one of the songs at the rally....lots of action!

No comments: