Friday, June 26, 2009

A day with family....

I am just a little behind on my blogging. That happenes sometimes I guess....

The Saturday after my birthday, we went to Nashville to spend the day with JT's sister, her husband, and their kids. They live right outside of Nashville, in the middle of nowhere. It is a great place and very peaceful....we so enjoyed our time visiting them.

Below are the kids swimming with their cousin Mallory. Mallory just turned 8 in May...she is quite the prissy little girl and keeps herself busy with Samuel and Anna. She tries to "mother" both of them....it is quite a sight to watch.

And off they go into the pool. Actually I think Anna jumped late....you know she has to be her own person....

Although Samuel could touch in the pool, Mallory was convinced that Samuel needed these arm floaties....she put them on this arms and THEN blowed them up...funny!

While JT's sister, mom and I were sitting around talking, JT, Uncle Johnny, and Davy got away did some four wheeling in the Land Rover. Here they are trying to climb the mountain behind their house....they had already been in the stream turned practically side ways....we do everything the redneck way....in all sides of the family...

Here are the kids with Uncle Johnny. Johnny is from Costa Rica...that is why Mallory has such tanned skin...beautiful!

Then the kids decided they wanted to go into the little creek that is right in front of the house. Actually you can see the bridge that goes over it in the background of this picture...they have to drive across that bridge to get to their house. The kids waded into the creek to catch little fish...and they caught many!

Look at the Princess Monkey and Mr. Hawaii.....

Then I walk up to the house to get some bread for the kids to feed the fish....and I walk back to the bridge to see my 5 year old son, wading waist deep in this creek...thankfully he was supervised by his daddy and his Aunt Lisa....

Samuel trying to catch some fish. There were some big ones in there but they would not come his way. I was so proud of him for not being scared to go in that deep....but of course we could see all the way to bottom, which made it easier for me!

We hope that we can spend some more summer time with Uncle Johnny, Aunt Lisa, Davy, and Mallory....they need to get in on our Taylor Dream.....







No comments: