Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A week? Seriously....a WEEK?!

For the first time ever, our kids are without us for an entire week! Amy and I took all three kids to Dickson yesterday to meet our parents so they could take them to Byrdstown for the week....we will meet again next Monday. I have been excited thinking about all the things I can get done without having to stop to do this and that. Samuel had a couple of crying spells on me...he is so tender hearted and was so concerned about me and his daddy and what we would do. I have talked to mom about 4 times now...they have only been gone for 24 hours.....

Pa and Na have tons of things planned for those 3. Today they had a traveling petting zoo come to the house with a camel, buffalo, a donkey and other various animals. The kids made signs for everyone to see the "petting zoo" as they called it. I sent my camera with them so that Pa and Na could take pictures of all their adventures....I am sure it will be shocking for me to see all the pics they take.

Now....while they are gone we are fixing up their rooms. We have never really done anything cute in either of their rooms thus far....so we thought is was time. Anna's room is pink of course and her bedding is beautiful. I got it at PotteryBarn since JT works for them as a transportation manager, we get a discount. It is pink and green. My sister is an artist....SO, she is going to paint a full mural on Anna's wall with a huge tree, grass, flowers, bugs, etc....I am totally excited about this. We just moved Samuel to another room...his old room is now the playroom. I painted his room a water blue color because he wanted a shark room. I was able to locate shark sheets that are really neat...the sharks are very small and are blue and red. I got him striped bedding. I have looked and looked for those wall stickies and all the shark ones are scary....SO, Amy saved the day and today drew 2 huges sharks on his wall as well coral to make it more a "scene" instead of just sharks. We are going to start painting on it tomorrow and she is just going to paint the mural without drawing it...talented is not even the word for her on this subject. Anyway, I am super excited about getting this done for them and can't wait for them to see the end product. I have even made a few things for their rooms....wooden letters, I bought those and painted them all cute...I even bought them each a shelf and painted those....I feel so crafty! My friend Stephanie who is in heaven now would be so very proud of me with this craftiness....she did alot of my craft stuff for me at school while I did her paperwork...we made a great team. But I am finding that sometimes you just have to give it a try to see if you can do it...and I can paint!

So, probably the next time I blog, I will be posting pictures of their new rooms and pictures of their adventures to Byrdstown.....now I am off to do some more Cinderella cleaning....in my own little Taylor dream....

2 comments:

House Queen said...

Can't wait to see the rooms! We have home improvements going on here too...my fridge is currently in my living room! HA! I wish I had known about that petting zoo. I would have driven the boys that way! Let me know when you are coming for an extended stay up here! Love ya!

Heather said...

So fun! This sounds like us. Mom always takes the kids for a week in the summer, too. It was so hard for me at first but they love it... Great memories for the kids. We have redone rooms and surprised the kids several times during that free week :) Have fun!!! Can't wait to see the finished rooms.