Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Another apron string....has been cut...

Whew....I am just not sure that this Momma's heart can handle much more for the next few weeks! Samuel graduated from preschool....come on, preschool....I was a complete mess!

His school did a little program...below they are getting ready to sing...Samuel even tapped his foot some and swayed from side to side....

Samuel's special friend Abbi sang a solo while Wilson, Daniel, Samuel, and Cooper watched.....

Oh and here they are singing "There's a Big Wheel Turning in My Heart"....that wheel is turning for Jesus....I was laughing and crying at this point....

And then....his class left and came back in....in their graduation hats! I was not prepared for this. One of his teachers, Ms. Kim, announced that the following students would be in Kindergarten next year and would not be back to preschool....and then Samuel's name was called to walk and get his "diploma"....let the tears flow.....

I have asked the Lord so many times "Why does this have to be so hard?" Parenting is so difficult....I can remember the days when I wanted Samuel and Anna to be able to sit up on their own, to stand on their own, to walk on their own....to feed themselves on their own....and now I want all that time back! We try to speed up our children's ages long before they are ready....and really long before we are ready. They grow up so fast....I will blink and it will be Christmas and Samuel will be celebrating another birthday. Time does not slow down....WE need to slow down! So yet here we are again....another milestone crossed...and we wait for the next....another apron string cut and another time of releasing for this child....I want to do it well folks....I want to release Samuel and Anna and leave nothing unsaid and nothing undone....this is what "growing up" is all about...preparing them for the world and equipping them for the Kingdom....but until then...we will live up the Taylor dream....


No comments: