Snow...makes me think...
When we first moved to Memphis, there had literally been NO snow for many years, only ice...lots of ice storms. However, EVERY year when I taught school at Kate Bond, we had at least one snow day. I said we brought the snow angels with us from Byrdstown. We did get some snow yesterday, but nothing much...I did not even get the opportunity to take any pictures...which means the kids did not get to play. But really, how do you play in snow dust?Below is a picture of Anna playing in the snow for the first time last year in March. It snowed about 4 inches, really fast...but then it melted by the next day. Anna was okay with the snow until it started snowing so hard and it was hitting her in the face...she was done playing after that.
Above, Samuel plays in the snow with his daddy last year 2008.
And then here's Samuel when he had just turned 2 playing in the snow for the first time. We literally had to drag him in the house, kicking and screaming. He LOVED it!
4 comments:
You know, we never get BIG snows here anymore. I wish we did!!! I love the snow myself!!
Samuel must get his love for playing in the snow from his momma - I don't think we ever got tired of playing in the snow either. I remember lots of snow ball fights, snowman building, running in the snow, digging in the snow, sledding...pretty much anything you can think of to do outside in the snow we came up with it!!
Those are sweet pictures of your kids. I bet you really do miss all the Byrdstown snow-especially as a teacher. So far this year we've used 7 of our snow days!!
By the way, I left you a message on one of your earlier posts- just in case you didn't see it:) ttyl
Martha and I used to beg you and Stephanie to come inside. You both stayed out sledding until you were just frozen. We got you in for a while with hot chocolate, but you both went right back out. I remember you guys even played out after dark, sledding down the road under the street lights!
Post a Comment