Monday, January 26, 2009

Yet another...milestone....

"Sigh"....how do they grow up so fast? It thrills me to watch our children grow up...but yet in the same breath, it saddens me as well. We have hit another milestone at the Taylor household....Samuel gets to use the big boy seatbelt. I know some of you are probably wondering why he is just now coming out of the 5 point harness car seat....well, I was passed on a video by my sister...and although I could not locate the actual one that she sent to me, I did locate one basically just like it. If you would like to see why I have waited until Samuel was 5, you can go here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2LFo8vVi04

Now, back to the story. JT and I knew that changing Samuel's seat would somehow "change Anna" as well....therefore we would need to come up with a plan for her seat. Both of the kids are in convertible car seats, meaning they can use those as booster seats till they are 80lbs....and those seats are expensive. When Anna came along and we needed another convertible carseat, we gave her Samuel's seat and then got Samuel another bigger seat. We could not find a "girlie" one at the time...my how things change just in a few years because now those "girlie" seats are everywhere! But anyway, now Anna's seat is starting to look yucky and just not appealing. So we ordered her a car seat cover....she thinks she has a brand new seat!


Here they are: Samuel's seat without the straps and Anna in her retro car seat cover!


We let Anna pick it out over the internet...she has a mind of her own and immediately said she wanted this one....it is bright!
When I was talking to Samuel about using a seatbelt he looked at me with a serious look and said "Momma, do you think I will be able to do it by myself?" With a fluttering heart I told him that it was okay if he needed some help in the beginning and Daddy and I would be glad to help him. Both kids are happy about the new change....while Momma will break down tomorrow when we get in the car....oh yes....we really do live the Taylor dream.....

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Kristen you sound a lot like me when my girls were little. Everything was a milestone in our lives. Just enjoy them while they are little. I now have milestones with Ella Kate Addie Ava and Gracyn But would not trade places with anyone.