The above picture was taken at Christmas 2008...this was the last time that we saw Grandmother as "herself."
JT's Grandmother passed away yesterday afternoon...we were all there at his mom's house. Although she was not able to talk we got to spend 3 1/2 days with her before she met Jesus face to face. On Thursday night when we arrived, she was able to open her eyes and look at Jon and he talked to her alot. Friday, as the kids played and the family talked around her, she would open her eyes some. At one point, Samuel, Anna, and Mallory came running into the room where she was was and they were all talking and giggling, and Grandmother opened her eyes really big! Saturday, her response was little....she no longer would open her eyes to respond. On Sunday, she was taken by the Angels of heaven and was pain free!
Samuel and Anna have enjoyed their great Grandmother so much. She was always prepared when we would come for a visit. She would have lemonade, strawberries and grapes, salad for Anna, chocolate for Samuel and lots of gummy worms and gummy bears. Grandmother would always make a big breakfast while we were there...biscuits, bacon, sausage, and lots of fruit! She would have toys out for Samuel and Anna to play with, along with bubbles, and other "Grandmother goodies."
JT has of course the most memories with Grandmother as he spent so much time with her. His memories of her will always be forever in his heart. We are so thankful for the time that Samuel and Anna got to spend with Grandmother.
Some of our favorite things that we would hear her say:
--I am going to get your dog meat!
--Tomonies (Which meant "come on!")--Hi Darlin'
Our trips will be different now when we travel to Byrdstown...we would always stop in at Brentwood to see Grandmother on our way....but things will be different now. We miss you already Grandmother....and we love you....
2 comments:
Kristen and JT I am so sorry about your Grandmother. I know it is hard to give up a loved one. Just always remember the good times. I will keep you all in my prayers.
I am so sorry...let me know if there is anything I can do!
Post a Comment