Sunday, February 22, 2009

Is there a door?

Well...we are in one of our favorite spots....Gatlinburg! JT needed to take some time off of work so we decided to come and spend some time in Gatlinburg to eat, be lazy, and do some shopping. We spent Friday and Saturday night with JT's mom and stepdad. Early this morning (Sunday) Samuel woke up with a high fever and started vomiting. He normally does throw up when he has a high fever. I stripped him down out of his warm pj's and put him in some short cottons and laid at his feet for the rest of the night....tough sleep for me and for him. He has run a fever all day today and was quite pitiful once we arrived in Gatlinburg. Normally we stay in a cabin but JT has collected quite a few Marriott points with his travel so we are staying in a Fairfield hotel....to which our children refer to as "hotel."

"Momma is there a door?" That was Samuel's question when he saw the mountains from the distance. I was driving at the time and told him that we were driving right to the mountains and we would be "in the mountains." Of course his question was "is there a door?" Children do think in concrete terms......

We arrived and Samuel had the chills so I knew his fever was high...dosed him up with Tylenol and then he went to sleep as I sponged him off. After his fever broke the kids wanted to go swimming.....in the indoor pool! I exercised while they swimmed with Daddy...neat that the exercise room is RIGHT BESIDE OUR ROOM.

So now, we are about to retire, but not before eating some ice cream and watching some TV....it would not be a real vacation without some ice cream every night and late night TV. Pictures to come as I know that we will embark upon some big adventures here this week. You know us.....we live up the Taylor dream.....

No comments: