Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Oh the things she can say...

Anna is so funny.....of course most 3 year old little girls can be quite silly. Although she is only 3, she can carry on a conversation better than I can. Between Samuel and Anna, I am always laughing. Here are a just a few things I have heard as of late:

For mine and JT's birthdays, my parents are "doing" our garage...they are painting the walls, floors, ceilings, etc..making it look nice. We bought a foreclosed home 2 years ago and have just not had the time to work on the garage (nor alot of other rooms!). So my dad was over yesterday scrubbing the cabinets and then put a finish on them...so in other words according to Anna "Pa was painting." She informed me today that when Pa and Na come back to paint, she was going to help. "Momma, I want to know if there are going to be any purple or pink paints? I think I want to paint the cabinet purple and pink...don't you sank so Momma?"

Anna normally wears her pj's when we take Samuel to school 2 days a week....mainly because I have to pull her up out of bed to walk out the door. So this morning she had on her "Hello Kitty" pj's that are WAY too long....we have to fold them over a couple of times at the waist and they are still too long. Naturally Anna wanted to go in when I walked Samuel into school....she did not wear shoes so we had an extra pair in the truck. As I am putting her back into her carseat, she says "Momma, my bottom is looking out." ....meaning her pants were down too far and she needed to pull them up! I thought I was going to crack up!

You read on the last post that JT's grandmother passed away Feb 1. Well we were at his mom's house when it happened...Grandmother was on hospice care so she was in the bedroom at his mom's house. The kids knew that something had happened and I was trying to dance around the issue without just coming right out and telling them. So I just sat them down and told them that Grandmother went to be with Jesus...that her heart stopped and that she was gone to be with Jesus. Samuel immediately says "Grandmother is heaven Momma." To which Anna turns and looks at him like he is crazy and says "No she's not, she's back there in the bed!"

Oh the moments we have with our sweet babies.....and yet again we continue....to live the Taylor Dream.....

2 comments:

Jess said...

Glad to see that you are bloggin' too! That is sweet and funny, I wish I would have written down a lot of the things my kids would say when they were that age!

House Queen said...

I love all the little things they say!