Saturday, April 25, 2009

Adventures in Byrdstown...

It sure was nice having Pa and Na in Memphis (Samuel says "Corndova") during the winter...but now they really enjoy going to Byrdstown to see them and their Papa. Papa (JT's dad) has the greatest yard to play in and there's so much to do at Pa and Na's that they do not know what to do first! Below is the fuzzy picture but Anna is checking things out in Papa's yard....we did take our Easter eggs and hid and hunted eggs....we hid some of them so good it took a while to find them all! Then of course I had to go to the store because the kids said they could not hunt eggs with no candy inside!

I love this picture of Samuel....he was pretending that this was his light saber and he was fighting off Darth Vader....oh yes, we love Star Wars....

Papa has some trees in his yard that the kids are almost big enough to climb into. We have a couple in our yard that Samuel can get into....so Samuel wanted his daddy to find a tree he could put him in...this wasn't it....

But this one was! Anna was doing a gymnastics move on this shot and Samuel was hanging on....

Growing up, Stephanie Gibson and I lived in the trees, literally. Her mom and dad's house had 3 trees right in a row that were easily climbed by us...the one in the middle was our favorite and we even stuck our gum on it everyday...that is weird I know but we did it! We just hung out in that tree all day....playing school, barbies, whatever...yes, it was big enough to do that. SO....I had to give tree climbing my best shot...and at almost 34 years old, I can still climb a tree....and in flip flops....

Samuel wanted to join me....

Then Anna Fo Fo...

JT had to help the kids get down of course...and then he had to help me too....
Well, then we had to go and do some fishing....it was a short notice kind of thing and we didn't have time to prepare really but Anna did have time to grab her tea cup and server...and she and Na had a tea party while we fished. Anna and Na were the only ones to catch a fish..maybe we should have all had a tea party?? Samuel was being so very patient waiting and being still for a fish....he reminded us of that several times...we were proud of him....the last time we went fishing, he asked us over and over again when the fish were going to bite, when were we leaving, and if he could throw rocks in the pond....so this was a big change. We still had to throw some rocks in the pond though....


On Saturday, JT and John Keisling went to UT's orange and white game....so we had a picnic in Pa and Na's yard....

Then it was time for some work. The kids love to work in the garden with Pa and Na. Pa got a new tiller over the winter time and he let Samuel give it a try all by himself. Of course the blades were not engaged but he was driving by himself...what a big boy!

Basically, this is what Anna thinks of the tiller....she runs to Na....

And here they are....hoeing and planting. They planted strawberries and tomatoes and I don't know what all. Oh, of course Anna is working in her new gown that her Na made for her...it is the Lazytown Gown that Stephanie wears....we wear it ALL THE TIME...I am not kidding. After a few minutes working, Anna starts crying....she was stung by a bee....whew, I know it hurt..and we heard about it for quite a while. Her Na put some boo boo cream on it and a bandaid and it was all better.

We always have the best times going to visit Papa and Pa and Na in Byrdstown...lots to do and so much fun....yes folks....we are living it up....the Taylor dream....













4 comments:

House Queen said...

Byrdstown IS alot of fun!!! I wish you were here more!!!

steph said...

Looks like your tree climbing skills are still in tact. Glad to see Samuel and Anna got the same tree climbing gene! I remember the bubble gum collection. I think we may have even let Trace add a piece or two....when we were feeling generous and I wasn't too busy telling on her for "following" us. Ha ha.

Jess said...

My kiddos really miss tree climbing at Granny Faye's! No trees in our back yard are short enough for them to climb. Love the pic with Anna hanging on the limb! Thanks for sharing...we sure do miss Byrdstown!

The Bynum's said...

Looks like a fun time in Byrdstown! Glad you are still able to climb a tree, wouldn't want to forget those skills. Fun pictures.