He had his first game...we have been waiting so patiently for this to happen! Oh the uniforms...I just cannot handle Samuel's cute self in that uniform!
He did not seem nervous at all....I think I took that from him because I was nervous! I am so glad that his first game landed on the same night that Pa and Na were leaving to go back to Byrdstown...we were dreading that really bad and we had already been crying about it. The Lord just landed a first game into the day to help alleviate the sadness of Pa and Na not being at the apartment....thank you Jesus!
So we arrive at the ball field early and had a picnic with Pa, Na, and Molly. Then I hurried to help Samuel get his shoes on and get his stuff together. JT arrives and warms up with Samuel while the rest of us take the front row on the bleachers, right in front of the fence. Uncle John and Aunt Amy also arrive for the big first game. Anna and Molly cheered for the first few minutes but quickly got bored and played with a penny.
Then it was time....Samuel's turn to bat! He got his new helmet given to him by Pa and Na, grabbed his bat bought by his daddy...and up he stepped to the plate. He looked over at us to give us a quick smile...and then he whopped it
Below he is "baseball ready" as he awaits the batter to hit the ball...can you stand it?
Here he is watching for the ball....
I have to share this....it is so special to us. The night they gave out the uniforms, they just lined the boys up against the fence and started tossing the jerseys out of the box. Samuel was thrown his and then his belt, hat, pants....I am really big on numbers. I wore #24 in high school, then #25 in college. I was anxious to see what number Samuel had gotten...so I walked around the fence to help him hold his things, grabbed his jersey.....and below is the number he got.....
4 comments:
You are right he is just way too cute in that uniform!
He looks so big out on the field in that adorable uniform. How fun to get to watch him play baseball and in #5 like his daddy.
Kristen I know you and JT are so proud of Samuel. Guess he will be following in JT's footsteps. Hope he does good playing ball.Lucky number.
So cool about the number...
So cute in his uniform...
Post a Comment