Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The TRAP!

We have several shingles on the front of our roof that has been torn away and wood is showing. The State Farm man who came out to check out our flooded sunroom informed us that we have a raccoon problem....really? So JT's boss tells him about this trap he has....he has apparently caught 3 raccoons in this trap! So JT goes by his house and picks it up and we set it out....lined with bread. Sunday morning, I am blow drying my hair and the breaker trips....I go tearing outside to flip the breaker and forget about the trap being on that side of the house....I RAN STRAIGHT INTO THE PICTURE BELOW!!!!!!

Me and the Furball were in a stare down contest for several seconds....then I could not stop laughing! I was confused as to what this thing was. I was trying to convince myself that it was a raccoon but I knew that raccoons had the circle around their eyes. I ran inside to tell JT (the trapper) that he had caught something furry in his cage. We could not stop laughing at this opposum (I don't even know if I spelled that correctly!). JT put a towel over the cage and drove down the road into some wooded areas to set this thing loose. He had to shake it out of the cage because it did not want to come out...then the thing was so fat that it could not run!
If you need any trapping services at your house....call....The Taylor Dreamers....

4 comments:

House Queen said...

I found on of those on my back porch one night. It like to have scared me to death!!!! It was huge! I screamed and scared it but it, too, was so fat that it was barely able to run off of the porch! I hate them! I think they are creepy-looking critters!

Rebecca Harber said...

That is hilarious and creepy. We have 3 of those cages in our attic right now trying to catch squirrels. But come to find out they are too big because the squirrels in our house are the small flying squirrels that only come out at night. They are tearing up our insulation and making all kinds of noise. So if your husband has any ideas on what to do with these small flying things let us know. We have tried everything.

parker's granny said...

I have this mental image of exactly what your faced looked like when you saw that creature!! Funny!
You know that picture of Martha you posted looking out the truck window--it's a face like that!

Joyce said...

I don't like those creatures. They are really scary looking. Tell JT he needs to find some other way to catch animals.