Saturday, March 7, 2009

Exciting times....how did this happen so quickly?

There are many times in the life of being a Momma that there are just no words....heart beats fast, palms sweat, stomach in knots....excitement builds....am I right Momma's? We are starting "firsts" in our house. On Thursday evening after I finished tutoring, I drove to the destination where JT, the kids, and Pa and Na were. I park, get out of the truck and start walking to where I am supposed to be. By the time I lay eyes on "the field" I am nearly running....my heart is pounding, stomach in knots, hands shaking.....and then I see him....I spot my child, my Samuel Taylor....oh I just wanted to jump up and down for this child. You can see the picture below...this is the first glimpse I saw of my baby boy......on the baseball field....


And then he spots his Momma....oh that sweet child was so excited and I too was extemely excited for him. And his Daddy....his Daddy could not have been more proud. I think JT had the biggest smile out there.....

Oh and then the long awaiting "his turn" to practice the batting....be still my heart. He grabbed his helmet and off he went. His coach was helping him with his stance and swing. Then started the pitching....Samuel hit 3 balls out of 5...and then hit off the "T" as well. Of course I was the only Momma with a camera...made me wonder if I was the "first time Momma" of a new baseball player....but I will be with my camera most of the games/practices....I do not want to miss the action!

So how does it happen so fast? He is 5...just 5...it does not seem "timely" that he should be doing this stuff. My Momma's heart was so confused....it was pounding out of my chest with excitement because Samuel was excited....but WAY down deep in the recesses of my heart there was sadness building....I wanted to sob greatly because it was happening just like so many people had said before....my children were growing up WAY too fast. There is no way to slow this down....the days of yesterday I cannot get back and do over.....today is the day and then there is tomorrow...but what if tomorrow doesn't come? Then I want to make sure I do today right with no regrets....so to baseball we will go, with anxious, happy hearts....there's no crying in baseball, right? This Momma is so proud, so proud to watch her kiddos as they live....the Taylor dream.....





No comments: